Neal’s Running Start – the Opportunity to Spend a Month with Neal in Silicon Valley
September 26, 2015
You may recall that Harry Marshall came to spend a few months with me in Silicon Valley a couple of years ago. Harry is from Barcelona, and wanted to learn about entrepreneurship and venture capital, Silicon Valley style. You can read more about it here.
I have decided to revive the mentorship program I did with Harry, only this time, it will be more intense and fast-paced. I’m looking for 3 early stage entrepreneurs who are available to come to San Francisco in March of 2016. We’ll spend 30 days together building your entrepreneurial strength and endurance to boost your company to the next level.
Each week, you will learn a different aspect of running a successful company. Plus, you’ll meet Silicon Valley influencers and experts who can help you along the way. We’ll film the whole project and present a final broadcast show about the experience. The show is meant to be a positive and inspirational overview of the challenges and successes our 3 entrepreneurs encounter along the way.
Harry will join me, imparting his wisdom and experience and serve as a secondary mentor.
Our ideal start-ups would be:
- Available to travel to San Francisco – Neal will cover housing, but you must cover flight and other expenses. Part of being an entrepreneur is being resourceful with minimal resources, so this is your first challenge.
- Start-ups who have done a seed round and are looking for an A round, or have bootstrapped and achieved traction as listed in point #3
- Have some traction – a completed product, some customers, revenues
- From outside Silicon Valley
- A diverse group of individuals with various backgrounds and experiences
- Articulate and well-spoken on camera
- Have a specific goal they want to accomplish in Silicon Valley, be it customers, investors, partners or overcoming a current company obstacle
- Possess Neal’s identified attributes of successful entrepreneurs – Passion, Perseverance and Personality
- A good listener and willing to take feedback
- Able to obtain a visitor’s visa to the US
- Willing to have their experience video-taped and broadcast online
- Speak fluent English
If you think you’ve got what it takes, you can meet me and Harry at the White Bull conference October 6-8 in Barcelona. Or, you can contact me at email@example.com and Harry and I will be in touch to discuss next steps.
Good luck, and hope to see you in San Francisco this March!